Hello. I'm a highly experienced software developer, technical leader, and open source contributor. I get particularly excited about tools that make developer's lives simpler. I have a particular focus on Containers, Kubernetes, Knative, Security and Technical Leadership.
- Technical Oversight Committee, Knative
- Security Working Group Lead, Knative
- Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
Technical Oversight Committee & Security Working Group Lead, Knative
Elected to the TOC of the Knative project. I also co-Lead the Knative Security Working Group. As well as being responsible for the technical health and direction of the project, I have contributed many features including Domain Mapping, Scale Down Delay and Background Image Digest Resolution, as well as many general and performance improvements. I also work extensively with the IBM Code Engine team to deploy Knative in production on Kubernetes.
Technical Lead, Cloud Foundry Containers team
I was the technical leader and later product manager and project lead of the Cloud Foundry linux containers team. I led the succesful rewrite of the project to use the new "Open Containers Initiative" (OCI) specification and reference implementation ("runc").
Project Lead, Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes (Eirini) project
I founded the Eirini team, which became the core of the effort to rebase Cloud
Foundry on Kubernetes. I built the initial proof of concept, brought the
community on board with the idea, and led a team of engineers from Pivotal, IBM, SAP and Google to deliver the project.
- Doctor of Engineering, Large Scale Complex IT Systems, University of York.
- Master of Engineering, Computer Science, First Class Honours, University of Warwick.
Skills & Interests
- Kubernetes, Knative, Containers, Security.
- TDD, Agile Techniques, XP, Technical Leadership.
- Good Science Fiction, Meditation, Peloton, The entire works of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffer (I have a one year old daughter..).
- Lots of speaking experience
- Irregular blogger